aspire 7750G Network Adapter

Options
Akias
Akias Member Posts: 3 New User

After re-installing windows 7 HP.  I can't get my wireless to work.  The card is fine, it works with Ubuntu.  I have installed all drivers and everything but the wireless card works.

Device manager just labels it as a network adapter.  The WLAN Atheros driver can't install, giving a message about the device being removed.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Akais

It may be possible that the restore did not complete properly. Try another reinstall of Windows - you'll probably find it will work then!

• Akias
    Options

Gave that a try, I'm stuck in the same spot again.  I'm not using a factory reset, just a Windows install disc.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi.. Smiley Happy

This could be an issue with incorret driver since you have install a retail version of windows.
    Check for any devices with yellow exclamation mark in device manager.
    You may install the chipset driver and then install the wireless driver.
    The key combination to enable wireless connectivty device ON/OFF is by pressing the Fn+F3 key.
    You may also run the hardware vendor utility and confirm that the wireless adapter is Atheros
    Here's the weblink to download  Chipset driver     Hardware vendor utility     Atheros WiFi driver
    Here's the weblink to download   Launch Manager Application
  • Akias
    Options

Thank you, the Hardware Vendor Utility told me my Wlan was Intel.  None of the drivers worked with it from the Acer site.  I ended up nusing http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/wireless-display to get everything working.

This discussion has been closed.