Windows Performance Index = 1.0

Options
ironogriel
ironogriel Member Posts: 10 New User

My windows performance index is 1.0. This is so disappointing Man Sad Maybe this is because of my graphic/video driver? What do u think? I downgraded my Aspire E5-411 from win8.1 to win7 32bit and there's no video driver available online.

Windows Performance Index.jpg

Best Answer

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

your problem was caused by the downgrade as your system was designed with windows 8.1, others have tried what you are doing with some success, not sure what driver from intel web page you have tried but I do believe it is called "Iris", though make sure it is for window 7 32 bit since that is what you installed, but again you may not have all the function controlls that the windows 8.1 driver gives, as well you may need other drivers from Intel, such as the "chipset" as just installing an older version of windows will not give you all the drivers needed for your system by default as windows 8.1 does have a lot of nerwer hardware drivers contained within it that windows 7 does not have.

You can try downloading Intel driver utility version 2 and running that to see what it may come back at you with, no guarantee it will work but just a suggestion as it is a utility designed for intel driver updates, another program is called Slimdriver, it will scan your system for drivers needed and will locate them and download them, accuracy from my experience can be questionable but it does work as it says.

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi,

The Issue is not with the OS or the Hardware, the result you got was due to a OS Downgrade,. Search online for the appropriate drivers,. Cheers.
  • techy
    Options

your laptop was setup with windows 8.1 and all windows drivers supplied by acer were tailored to give you all the function control of the components installed, since you chose to downgrade to windows 7 not all drivers may be setup, for a score of 1 on graphics likely your graphic driver is set to standard display using default microsoft driver or contains a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager, anyways you will need an Intel Graphics driver, of which you can use the generic driver from Intel web site but you may not have all the use of the functions your laptop was designed with using the drivers installed by Acer with windows 8.1.

• ironogriel
    Options

Even the drivers supplied by the Intel doesn't work. It says that my laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I've searched every corner of the internet and even downloaded driver downloader but nothing really worked.

• techy
    Answer ✓
    Options

your problem was caused by the downgrade as your system was designed with windows 8.1, others have tried what you are doing with some success, not sure what driver from intel web page you have tried but I do believe it is called "Iris", though make sure it is for window 7 32 bit since that is what you installed, but again you may not have all the function controlls that the windows 8.1 driver gives, as well you may need other drivers from Intel, such as the "chipset" as just installing an older version of windows will not give you all the drivers needed for your system by default as windows 8.1 does have a lot of nerwer hardware drivers contained within it that windows 7 does not have.

You can try downloading Intel driver utility version 2 and running that to see what it may come back at you with, no guarantee it will work but just a suggestion as it is a utility designed for intel driver updates, another program is called Slimdriver, it will scan your system for drivers needed and will locate them and download them, accuracy from my experience can be questionable but it does work as it says.

• ironogriel
    Options

WPI.jpg

Thank you for informing me about this SLIMDRIVER software/app. Now my drivers are all updated and the Windows Performance Index dramatically increased from 1.0 to 4.1. Although it is not really that high, at least I can now enjoy HD movies, using Google Earth, etc without hassle. THANK YOU VERY MUCH TECHY! You don't know how happy I am right now Man Very Happy Man Very Happy