WiFi enable on an Aspire AS33810T?

jasmoo
jasmoo Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I turn on the WiFi on an Aspire AS3810T? Is there a switch or a function key that does this? Windows 7 says there is a switch. I can't find it.

Best Answer

• jasmoo
    Answer ✓

Note typo in subject line: should be AS3810T. Reply by myself to anyone interested. Windows 7 raised an error message after completing diagnostics on a non-functioning WiFi adapter something to the effect "actuate switch on front or side panel or press function key if available". This was a bogus message; there is no switch or function key. The ultimate solution was as follows. Uninstall the adapter. Resinstall the adpater by doing a search for hardware changes. Reboot the laptop. Move laptop close to WAP to ensure high signal strength. In this case the WAP is not broadcasting the SSID so have to enter the SSID , security type, and pass code. Works! Somewhere in dealing with this problem the WAP was rebooted; that may or may not be important.

Answers

• jasmoo
    Answer ✓

Note typo in subject line: should be AS3810T. Reply by myself to anyone interested. Windows 7 raised an error message after completing diagnostics on a non-functioning WiFi adapter something to the effect "actuate switch on front or side panel or press function key if available". This was a bogus message; there is no switch or function key. The ultimate solution was as follows. Uninstall the adapter. Resinstall the adpater by doing a search for hardware changes. Reboot the laptop. Move laptop close to WAP to ensure high signal strength. In this case the WAP is not broadcasting the SSID so have to enter the SSID , security type, and pass code. Works! Somewhere in dealing with this problem the WAP was rebooted; that may or may not be important.

This discussion has been closed.