Notebooks & Netbooks

Topic

hj
Regular Visitor
hj

Who knows where to buy Acer Aspire R7 port converter?

Who knows where to buy Acer Aspire R7 port converter?

irv
New Visitor
irv

Re: Who knows where to buy Acer Aspire R7 port converter?

What port are you trying to convert. I just order a USB to RJ45 from Amazon today.

Regular Visitor
ennepe

Since you two seem to be happy owners of a new R7 maybe you might be able to answer my question about the touchscreen: http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Who-knows-specs-of-Aspire-R7-Touch-Screen/m-p/88997/...

hj
Regular Visitor
hj

new Acer Converter Port, which aims to make the act of connecting to an external display, HDD, router, etc. Thank you very much for the help;

Regular Visitor
brianlaing

I too would like to know when/where this accessory is available. Having the ability to add a second monitor (without having to use a USB monitor adapter) plus plug directly into Ethernet is a definite plus and is what this converter (according to the documentation in the box with the R7) is supposed to support.

Does Acer have any idea when this product will be released?

Thanks!

New Visitor
R7Trekker

I spoke with Acer Support today and THEY couldn't tell me where to buy a cable.  The support tech said "it is a combo cable that can be bought at most any retailer", BUT could not tell what kind of port the "Acer Converter Port" is or provide me a linked example of one that would work; stating "we can't go to 3rd party retailers". 

I did find this: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30797/kw/acer%20converter%20port .  I am looking at it and it describes it as a "Mini DisplayPort cable", BUT it also says "is designed to connect to an Acer proprietary cable".  I have scowered the Acer Retail Store and they don't sell anything that closely resembles a Mini DisplayPort cable, much less one that will (from my manual) "connects to the Acer Converter Cable, allowing for easy connection to a LAN, an external display or an additional USB device."

I am going to see what i can find outside, but ACER YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Regular Visitor
jimpaige283

I have Acer m5-48aPT-6488 and  use 2 Toshiba DynaDock USB 3.0 -- at home and at work.  

Connects from Acer via USB 3.0 and can drive DVI  & HDMI external monitors from the DynaDock (plus another hdmi ext monitor direct from laptop); run ext mouse, ext keyboard and Internet from the DynaDock USB 3.0

I bought both used on Amazon for around $120 delivered.  No issue with installation or running it (4 weeks now)

Make sure you get the DynaDock USB 3.0   

Frequent Visitor
steiner2

I too went back and forth with Acer support and the Acer store.The support first told me to get at a retailer.  Then, I told him it was a proprietary cable mentioned several places in the documentation that came with it. Then, they came back and said they found it and would send to me.  One week or so later, I received a wireless antenna.  I called them back and they said that no one knows when it will be available or how to get it.    The folks at the Acer Store don't know either and said the support folks would have to follow up. 

I wish there was a way to speak with someone in management to address this.  How can you advertise an accessory and have no means of customers purchasing??? This is ridiculous....

JBB
JBB

I have been trying to find the same information.  An ethernet connection would be very helpful on the Aspire R7 given that the wireless connectivity through the Broadcom wireless adaptor is weak.

Established Member
davidgreene

Try it here:

http://store.acer.com/store/acerna/en_US/home

or you can go to amazon to order it.

David

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

ACE member IronFly has achieved a great milestone! He hit the 1000 posts mark! Nice work! The Acer team thanks you for your hard work and stellar assistance on the boards.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: