WINDWS 8 ISSUE - ACER ASPIRE 5520 with Nvidia 8400 M G video card

Options
Maxsimus
Maxsimus Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi , I have an issue with windows 8. I have a Acer Aspire 5520  with Nvidia 8400M G  video card.  I had no problems with earlier OS now I installed Windows 8  and when I work my display goes black and never comes back, also sometimes all menu texts and right click menu of the mouse  is black and when I roll over the texsts or menu it also goes black and  I can´t see anything, I updated all drivers but nothing has changed same  problem so I just want to know what is a problem, is this a laptop issue, hardware issue or windows issue and please help me to get some real and effective solution, this laptop is maybe old for now but we also want to run windows 8 and everybody doesn´t have money to buy Acer Timeline series Smiley Very Happy please HELP ... and thanks ..

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Options

Since the Aspire 5520G is not a model supported by Acer for the Windows 8 upgrade you may have issues with the operating system.  It sounds like it would be related to your graphics driver, have you tried updating it?

• venki
    venki Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, Acer Aspire 5520G and Nvidia 8400M G.

I have tried to install newest drivers from Nvidia official page, but after restarting my windows 8 freezes at home screen.

This discussion has been closed.