Valid Serial no/snid

sorine
sorine Member Posts: 12 New User

When I go to check my warranty registration or to ask for chat support and I put in either my serial number or snid, it flashes an error that neither one is valid. I have checked and rechecked those numbers. I have an Aspire O756.

Best Answer

• JohnDoe
    JohnDoe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

Same here;

The serial number you have entered, does not appear to be valid. Please check the serial number, and try again.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Sorine, Acer NEVER uses the letter "O" in its serial numbers or SNID numbers. Although they are mixed in with letters, those are the number "zero." If that doesn't work, repost and we'll see what we can do.

• sorine

Vince... I know that! The serial number or the snid number that I entered had only zeroes, not "O"s. I think the problem is that I purchased the machine in Thailand. Acer states on its website that once you register the machine and register for support, it becomes a universal registration good anywhere. Evidently, that's not true. The Acer Thailand website does not have any working support functions. All the links are down and have been for months. It's also a very lame online site with minimal information. So I guess I'm stuck!  

• Vince53

Sorine, if you are on Facebook, go to Acer Thailand. I just checked the site and it is working.

If you don't mind my asking, for my own education, how well does it run, and how long have you owned it? How much did you pay for it? Was it new or used? What sort of store did you buy it at?

If you're wondering why I'm being so nosy, this is my first experience with Acer Thailand, and I can use the information to help the next person with a similar problem.

• sorine

Best advice is no advice!

• Vince53

A lot of people would agree with you. But what kid of store did you purchase your rig at?. And did the Facebook Thailand site give you any help?

• SkyCooker
    SkyCooker Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi first time in here-bought my acer aspire one 11" blue cute thing to write a book on. I can't find a word program/word processor program-notepad OR ANYTHING I can use to write a lengthy book ...so I just came in here & prayed for an answer as to where it is. I just now tried to set up a chat session (bought it 3 months ago) because I can not figure out the %{*>\£ windows 8 & got same response. but then there's a window that you can't click on -you know those floater pages that you can't stop or X out of? aaaargh
    I also kept redoing the # and it still told me to edit my serial/slid #
  • SkyCooker
    SkyCooker Member Posts: 2 New User
    can someone please direct me to a link in here on how to figure out windows 8 with Acer. maybe I HAVE TO BUY a program which is stupid-wouldn't have bought the Acer Aspire One if I'd known that Smiley Sad((
  • JohnDoe
    JohnDoe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

Same here;

The serial number you have entered, does not appear to be valid. Please check the serial number, and try again.

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Skyc

On your start screen (the one with the tiles) in an open area type 'help'.  Select Help and Support.  Start reading the Windows 8 tutorials.

John

Are you trying to register it in the correct country - ie country of purchase?

Leho

• Vince53

You can download several free word processing programs that work fine with Windows 8. I prefer Libre Office.

Download a free shortened edition of Windows 8 for Dummies at http://marketing.dell.com/windows-8-ebook.

Speaking of which, on the Start Page, drag the Desktop icon to the top left corner. Now you only have to press Enter to go to the desktop.

On the desktop, go online and download the free Classic Shell start button. Now it will work like Windows 7.

This discussion has been closed.