Upgraded to windows 8.1 from 7 default apps and drivers

Options
theepicnor
theepicnor Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, i have an Aspire 7741Z-4643 and was wondering if i can insall Acers defualt drivers and applications on my new windows 8.1 os if i buy an eRecovery CD from the store.

Also can i downgrade back to windows 7 with the recovery disk?'

Thanks!

2014-07-11_22-37-17.png

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi...

The recovery disc will only restore windows 7 on your computer.

It will reset your computer to day one factory settings with windows 7 operating  system with all driver and apps that were shipped with the computer.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Options

hi..Smiley Happy

Was you computer shipped with windows 7 or 8?

The recovery disc will have only the operating system, driver and application shipped with your computer.

Unique eRecovery Media sets are generated per specific request based on model type and serial number of your computer.

If you have not made any changes on your computer, you also have the option to create the recovery disc from your computer using Acer recovery management.

You will not to able to downgrade the operating system using the recovery disc.

• theepicnor
    Options

My computer came with Windows 7 and recently i decided to upgrade to windows 8. So if i want to go back to windows 7 can i do so with the recovery disk?

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi...

The recovery disc will only restore windows 7 on your computer.

It will reset your computer to day one factory settings with windows 7 operating  system with all driver and apps that were shipped with the computer.

• theepicnor
    Options
    Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.