Uninstalled and then reinstalled Realtek driver and now Dolby Advanced Audio is gone

Options
JimiJons
JimiJons Member Posts: 2 New User

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. My Dolby Advanced Audio had been unable to start for the past couple weeks, returning only "Dolby Profile Launcher has stopped working" or "Dolby Profile Editor has stopped working" when attempting to access it through the control panel. I attempted to solve this by unistalling the realtek driver and reinstalling it after downloading directly from the Acer website here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Dolby Advanced Audio is entirely gone now, however. I assume because of uninstalling the original driver. The new driver download contains a PCEE4 folder with four executables relating to Dolby Advanced Audio, but I am not sure how.

Does anyone know how I can get Dolby Advanced Audio back?

Answers

• Alan-London
    Options

Check that you have the following two entries in your 'Startup Programs' (run MSINFO32.exe):

RtHDVBg_Dolby

RtHDVCpl

Also confirm that you have the following in 'Task Manager' (right click on start bar) > Processes:

pcee4.exe

RAVBg64.exe

RAVCpl64.exe

Any problems then try uninstalling again (must be done through 'uninstall') and try installing again.

• JimiJons
    JimiJons Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

pcee4.exe is missing from my processes.

• Alan-London
    Options

Try double clicking the pcee4.exe file in your PCEE4 directory.
    If this does the trick then create a .reg** file from:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"Dolby Home Theater v4"="\"C:\\Dolby PCEE4\\pcee4.exe\" -autostart"

Double click the .reg file and add to registry.

**Note that my installation is in 'Dolby PCEE4'. Modify if yours is in 'PCEE4' or elsewhere.

I should add that, if you wish to try this, you do so at your risk.

Should this fail, you will need to completely uninstall and try installing again.

This discussion has been closed.