Touch pad not working - Aspire V5-571G

johnnys
johnnys Member Posts: 1 New User

My touch pad stopped working and the device does not even appear on mouse properties (control panel/mouse, mouse properties/ELAN). it states driver version: ETDWare PS/2-X64 11.6.6.002_WHQL. But nothing appears on 'Device'

The operating system is Windows 8.

It used to work without any problem; then it started to have problems:

1. sometimes touch pad would not work but rebooting resolved the problem

2. sometimes keyboard wouldn't work then rebooting 1-3times resolved the problem

3. sometimes both touch pad and keyboard wouldn't work.

4. external keyboard and mouse still works fine.

And then suddenly from few weeks ago the touch pad stopped working completely.

I tried the program recovery (factory setting) but it is still not working. I tried installing different versions of ELAN and Synaptics but they don't seem to be working.

please help!

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi johnnys!

It sounds as if the touch pad has stopped working - this may be down to a loose connection or component failure. If your laptop is still under warranty, contact Acer support for your region. If it is out of warranty, try your local PC store, who should be able to help.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi johnnys!

It sounds as if the touch pad has stopped working - this may be down to a loose connection or component failure. If your laptop is still under warranty, contact Acer support for your region. If it is out of warranty, try your local PC store, who should be able to help.

This discussion has been closed.