Screen won't come on Acer Aspire 5536-5224.

myra0715
myra0715 Member Posts: 3 New User

I accidentally left the laptop on the night. Usually it turns itself off. I cannot get the screen to come on at all. I need help fixing my laptop.  Can anyone help me? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may perfrom a power reset.

To perform a power reset:

1. Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    2. Turn the notebook over to remove the battery. Turn the notebook back over and open it.
    3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    4. Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.
    5. Slide the lock tab back into the lock position.
    6. Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
    7. Turn on your notebook.
  • myra0715

I did exactly what you said. It did not work. What do I do now?

• paddymelt70
    paddymelt70 Member Posts: 1 New User

I think I am having similar issues.  My power light is on, the fan comes on, but the screen is black.  I have manually shut power off and immediately hit power button and it has come back to life, but the more the computer is off, the more problems I have with a black screen coming up. The wifi indicator light, and HDD indicator net to the power button stays off as well...unless screen comes back on.  Are we having the same problem?  Hopefully someone sees this again.

• myra0715

My power light comes on, I do not hear it boot up like usual.  I did what the last person told me to do, nothing happened.  I hope someone can help me. I cannot afford to take it in for someone to fix.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• jbojorquez
    jbojorquez Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hey I'm having the same problem! It's been months of frustration and I'm finally getting around to it. One guy said my hard drive fried. He replaced it for me for 60 bucks and it only lasted 2 months -.- I need to know if I should buy another hard drive or laptop. I can't register the **bleep** thing because everything pretty much faded. And to be a little specific about the software I had at first it was Vista but acer apparently offered to upgrade me for free and sent me windows 7. That was the first time it messed up. Blue screens n junk eventually it didn't even turn on. July of 2013 I had it "fixed". It was fine. Turned it off at night like usual and the next morning I turned it on PERIOD but nothing happened. The fan was working, the battery still works and charges, and I think I hear the hard drive working BUT THERE'S NOTHING GOING ON! Just power running through the **bleep** thing. Brain dead I guess is one way to better understand it. On but nothing going on.
  • RA1
    RA1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem that this guy had back in Nov., I followed your advice (for the reset). IT WORKED! Can you tell me what this means? I'm going to run a backup. Is it on it's way out; should I leave it on? RA1
This discussion has been closed.