Replace Acer V5 571P touch screen digitizer

Options
mjirving
mjirving Member Posts: 1 New User

My touch screen has a crack in it, but the lcd is fine. how can i replace the digitizer with out replacing the entire LCD? Do you know where I can get the part from?

Answers

• dbarrerao
    dbarrerao Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I need the Acer V5-571 Touch Screen Digitizer too, where I can buy this replacement?

Thanks for Your help

• mickeynewton
    mickeynewton Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I am in need of this information as well. However, I noticed that you posted this a few months ago. What did you do? Did you just buy a new computer or did you find the replacement?

• ljq
    ljq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.  I understand I can send it in for $249 plus one way shipping.  Replace the whole screen for $349.  Or take it to Best Buy/Walmart to get a price from them.  I was going to try and replace it myself if the cost was reasonable.  Computer is working fine.  Screen is cracked.  Which way did everybody go in this forum, what was the cost, and did it work out well?

• mickeynewton
    mickeynewton Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Do you know how much Best Buy or Walmart charge? My computer works fine even with the crack. However, it will break my heart to replace the screen for a regular screen and give up the touch function because that is one of the primary reasons I got this specific laptop - the touch screen. I don't want to pay half of what I paid for this laptop just to replace a screen. My price range is about $150 and I'm all down with replacing the screen myself. 

• AppsDev
    AppsDev Member Posts: 35

Tinkerer

Options

I can't say about replacing the screen on this model and I could not find the part listed at eBay.  I am in the process of replacing the (conventional, non-touch) screen of an Aspire 5742, which is relatively simple requiring some basic electronics skills, and for which I found quite good instructional videos at YouTube.

Clive

This discussion has been closed.