Recovery management doesn't start in new Aspire V3

JeffButler
JeffButler Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys I bought a new Aspire V3-472P-5706

I wanted to create some recovery drives etc. so I clicked on the recovery management program

It asks if I want to allow the software to make changes to my harddrive. I click yes and then it goes to desktop. But the software never starts. I tried again with the task manager open and the RecoveryManagement task runs, but then stops after a while.

Any ideas?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Not good.

without any kind of log, it will be very hard to understand what's happening.

is the erecovery starting with Administrator rights?

right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator" and see if it starts.

as a workaround:

i would suggest you to use the windows 8.1 integrated utility instead of the Acer erecovery.

you can do a full system image, so you don't have to re-install everything (programs, settings) to an usb drive and create a recovery USB media to boot from and re-load the system image and help you to fix boot issues.

i suggest you to do a system image when you have all your programs installed and tested the system is stable.

Recovery drive:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

full system image:

To open System Image Backup

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

2. Enter File History in the search box, tap or click File History, and then click System Image Backup.

3. System image backup appears on the bottom left of your screen, it can take a while to appear, so be patient.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ADIL
    ADIL Member Posts: 1 New User

thanks it works....

but how to use it(usb bakup) for reset pls share that also ..