RAM issue on E1-571G after downgrading to win 7 32-bit

vineet_d
vineet_d Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello,

After installing windows 7 on E1-571G, I can see only 2gb RAM usable although it has got 4gb installed. Does it has something to do with UEFI bios which I upgraded to latest 2.15 when I was on windows 8.

Please help me guys.

Cheers

Best Answer

• vineet_d

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Ok guys I got some lead from here UEFI - Install Win7 and here UEFI Bootable USB which eventually solved my issue.

I am now running Win7 Prof 64Bit (eval copy) and the OS is now reading 3.86 GB RAM Smiley Happy So the next step for me now is to get a full version Win7 prof x64 which I think I should be able to get in a day or two.

Thankyou guys for your support. Really appreciated.

Cheers

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

A Windows 8 machine has a different architecture than earlier models, and it is not designed to run Windows 7. Your original Operating System contained the correct drivers for your laptop.

If you can re-install Windows 8 from your installation disk, I advise you to do so. Once done, go to the Start Page and drag the Desktop icon to the top left corner. Now you only have to press Enter to go to the Desktop. From the Desktop, go online and download the free Classic Shell Start Button. Win 8 will now run like Win 7, and you can try out the new features if you want to.

• vineet_d

Tinkerer

Many thanks for the advice Vince but I lost my windows 8 OEM partition so can't go back to win 8 now. Please suggest if there is any other work around for this situation. I have all the drivers installed for win 7 already form here: http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

Thanks in advance

Cheers

• Vince53

Vineet, I looked through the Acer Store, and I cannot find anywhere that they sell a re-installation disk for your model. You might be better off living with it. You can take it to a repair shop. You can buy an installation copy of WIndows 8 and deal with the drivers. You can wait for Windows 9 and hope for the best.

• DrkBluePenguin
    DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

If you have a valid key look for a Win7 64bit install disc on the Internet or from friends. Your product key will work for it and fix the ram issues. 32bit can not support 4gig of ram.

• vineet_d

Tinkerer

I have a question here - My laptop has Nvidia 710m graphic card with dedicated 2 GB VRAM. What does that mean? Is it sharing that 2 GB with 4gb system RAM? because in resource monitor I see 1780 MB physical memory as "Hardware Reserved"

Thanks in advance

Cheers

• Vince53

The two gigs of VRAM are part of your video card and are not part of your 4 gigs of RAM. Every computer allocates some RAM to the hardware. On different forums, it seems that 2 gigs of RAM is normal. As long as it is not a performance issue, everything is fine.

• vineet_d

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Ok guys I got some lead from here UEFI - Install Win7 and here UEFI Bootable USB which eventually solved my issue.

I am now running Win7 Prof 64Bit (eval copy) and the OS is now reading 3.86 GB RAM Smiley Happy So the next step for me now is to get a full version Win7 prof x64 which I think I should be able to get in a day or two.

Thankyou guys for your support. Really appreciated.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.