Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

2»

Answers

• MarzEz
    MarzEz Member Posts: 2 New User

I have 10.0.0.276, downloaded direct from the Acer website.
    It seems to be relatively stable on one network where I am next to the router, but still seems to drop on another network, where I am further from the router but still within signal range.
    I'll need to do more testing on ranges and networks to be sure, but it still seems to be an issue.

• dannemp
    dannemp Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I have an acer v7-581pg with the atheros ar5bwb222 adapter, it works well when it is close to the router but once the signal is a little bit lower it doesn't connect.

I am using several other devices with my wireless router and all of them connect with no problems so I think the problem is in the laptop.

I have changed the power settings, and installed the 10.0.0.274, I even uninstalled the antivirus and other software that could interfere, but nothing helped. Has anyone found any other solution?

• MrRatio
    MrRatio Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Yes. Sell laptop and forget about Acer products.

• mbeerens
    mbeerens Member Posts: 2 New User

I Tried everything in the forums from acer windows and atheros... Nothing worked. I even bought a new wifi card but nothing worked.

The only thing I had to do in the end to solve it was setting my IP adress manually. Give it a high range

Wifi card

IP-adress 192.168.1.10

Subnetmask 255.255.255.0

Standard gateway 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS-Server 8.8.8.8 (the one of google)

Lancard

IP-adress 192.168.1.11

Subnetmask 255.255.255.0

Standard gateway 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS-Server 8.8.8.8 (the one of google)

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-8.htm

So finaly after 3 months I have Internet, I hope it works for you guys to!

Acer, Windows and Atheros, Thank you for all your understanding and support (NOT)

This discussion has been closed.