Problem with PCI device driver

Ankit_S
Ankit_S Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, members of the community. I am having a problem with my acer travelmate PCI device driver. 

The message on the properties page is 

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element

The Hardware ID of the PCI driver is

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_06811025&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_06811025
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF00

Please help me finding a suitable driver ASAP.

Answers

• Hi,

May I Know What is the device installed in the port, Have you installed the driver for the Device connected, or do you find the device detected under Device Manager
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Download from the Realtek official website:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

select the correct OS and choose a mirror.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ankit_S

I'll explain you the whole situation. The thing is, I was rooting my Xperia L and had partially rooted it, but when it came to using Android SDK and I opened device manager to see whether my phone was detected, I only saw PCI device under "Other Devices". I looked into the matter on the internet and got to know that usually such problems solve by giving the Hardware ID. Isn't it sufficient??

Moreover my phone is detected under portable devices. Why is that so? Device driver image.pngDD2.png 

• Ankit_S

Well I tried the 1st option under windows, but the setup didn't work. Thanx anyways.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the HardwareIDs you gave, is the realtek card reader, not your phone.

in the first screen, your phone is recognised with ADB interface and is good to do things like rooting.

in the second screen, probably you didn't enabled the USB debugging interface on developer settings or you are missing some ADB drviers for your device.

I'm not an Acer employee.