Poor WiFi on new Aspire R7-572 .... SOLVED! You need to DISABLE WiFi's Bluetooth Collaboration

Options
ddrapeau
ddrapeau Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently purchased a new R7.  Out of the box the WiFi was patheticly slow!  

After lots of frustrating work I narrowed it down to this:  

Open "Network and Sharing Center"

Go into the configuration for the Broadcom wireless adapter

At right side menu click on Change Adapter Settings

Right-click on the WiFi adapter Icon and open Properties menu item

Click on the Confige button

Under the "Advanced" tab, highlight the setting named "Bluetooth Collaboration", then change it to Disable. Then click OK.

WiFi speed on the R7 is now the fastest in my house !!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps others too.  Please post replies to let others know if it worked .. or not.  

Good luck!

Note:  I have a bluetooth mouse and have seen no issue that would need Collaboration turned on.

Bluetooth Collaboration.jpg

Answers

• mercyreaper
    mercyreaper Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I tried this out and it appeared to work at first and wifi will be slow here and there with the broadcom wireless adapter. I uninstalled the wifi adapter driver from broadcom (the one you download from Acer's website) and deleted it from my computer and let windows install its own driver also rebooted and now my wifi works great with no slowdown issues.

• Guy
    Guy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

you shouldnt have to do any of that!

if you have your old laptop or a smartphone or a wireless printer and all of them are working just fine, why would an ultra modern laptop running on Win 8 be acting stupid?
    Lucky for me i still had my old laptop that i was able to compare and it all pointed to some really serious issues, too serious to be software related and as it turned out, it happened to be a bad antenna which meant the entire back cover of the display had to be replaced which is part of the antenna
This discussion has been closed.