Please advise how to enable access to advanced BIOS - Acer Aspire E1-572

Options
igibbins
igibbins Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire E1-572 and have just discovered that the BIOS has limited information available.

I need to access the advanced options for virtualisation support and would like to know how I can do this.

Do Acer provide a BIOS update to enable this?

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi...

Some computers support virtualization that allows you to run more than one operating system on your computer. If your computer meets the hardware requirements below, you can configure Hyper-V to utilize software virtualization.

Requirements:

• Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional or Enterprise only
    • 4 GB of RAM
    • A 64-bit processor that can support Second Level Address Translation (SLAT). You can run a utility like Coreinfo to find out if SLAT is supported on your machine.

If your system meets the above hardware requirements, use the following steps to to install or turn on Hyper-V.

1. Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + W
    2. Type Features, then select Turn Windows Features on or off from the list of search results.
    3. Check the box next to Hyper-V, then click OK to enable this feature.
    4. You should now have a Hyper-V application listed with your Windows Apps

Note: Windows will display an error message if your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements for virtualization.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

hi...

Some computers support virtualization that allows you to run more than one operating system on your computer. If your computer meets the hardware requirements below, you can configure Hyper-V to utilize software virtualization.

Requirements:

• Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional or Enterprise only
    • 4 GB of RAM
    • A 64-bit processor that can support Second Level Address Translation (SLAT). You can run a utility like Coreinfo to find out if SLAT is supported on your machine.

If your system meets the above hardware requirements, use the following steps to to install or turn on Hyper-V.

1. Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + W
    2. Type Features, then select Turn Windows Features on or off from the list of search results.
    3. Check the box next to Hyper-V, then click OK to enable this feature.
    4. You should now have a Hyper-V application listed with your Windows Apps

Note: Windows will display an error message if your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements for virtualization.

• igibbins
    igibbins Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Ally

Thank you for your quick response...

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately I am using VMWare Player and it seems that it is not compatible with Hyper-V.

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

This discussion has been closed.