Own an acer aspire 5552 notebook and auto detect for my TV is not working.How can I activate?

jimijams
jimijams Member Posts: 12 New User

I have reloaded the recovery disks for my unit and all features working with the exception of the hardware autodetect. My unit will not detect my LG 42 through the hdmi interface. All drivers stating up to date.

Auto detect for D-sub 15 pin cable working.? not hdmi??

I'm assuming an auto download of windows drivers caused this.  

Answers

• jimijams

acer aspire 5552 loaded with Windows 7 home premiun OS..

Thankks in advance, jimijams..

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

So, if you connect via HDMI and right click on desktop and click on "screen resolution", you see only 1 screen?

can you click on detect and see if it detects your TV?

Your notebook has Intel graphic, try to install this drivers:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.10.3383_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=635351162951316628&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-571&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

then reboot and please:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark

double click it

choose "Details" tab,

from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jimijams

IronFly,

My notebook has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphic. I had the hdmi interface working at one point after a windows driver update, and notebook was detecting my TV. HDMI interface worked for a few days. While watching a netflix show I stepped away and when I came back to viev the show  and no longer had a connection.

Clicking on detect and unit doesn't detect TV.

Online AMD site suggested to reload original Acer drivers as specific notebooks have there own specific drivers and not the AMD drivers available on line.

My autodetect is working with a db15 connect cable but I cannot view my laptop on the TV. In device manager no yellow exclamation mark on ATI mobility radeon HD 4250 and driver stating up to date with latest version for notebook.

Very strange I had it working but soon after lost hdmi connectivity.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

The only thing i can suggest is to uninstall the current drivers after you downloaded the drivers from the Acer website, reboot and re-install drivers.

i don't have an ATI/AMD video card so, i don' know if any option is available on the CCC panel.

another try is to connect with laptop shutted down and TV on, then boot the Aspire and see if it recognise it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.