No low battery level warning message on windows 8.1 64 bit build 9600

nadfyv
nadfyv Member Posts: 42 New User

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have an Acer E1-470 laptop running windows 8.1 64 bit build 9600

The problem I have is that I don’t receive an on-screen message warning of low battery level.
I however the battery level indicator in the task bar still functions correctly.

Last week my laptop hibernates when it reached 30% battery level when I plug-in it has 6% battery level it does charge, but now it reached 20% battery level before it hibernates!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

right click on the battery icon on the bottom right of your screen (near the clock)

select "power option"

you will find Select plan - Balanced

click on "change plan settings" then "change advanced power settings"

in the next popup, first check if "Balanced [active]" is the actual active profile.

then click on "Battery"-"low battery notification" and check if both options are "ON"

(please check on "low battery level" the percentage, this is what "triggers" the notification"

if not turn them ON and click on "Apply" - "ok"

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

right click on the battery icon on the bottom right of your screen (near the clock)

select "power option"

you will find Select plan - Balanced

click on "change plan settings" then "change advanced power settings"

in the next popup, first check if "Balanced [active]" is the actual active profile.

then click on "Battery"-"low battery notification" and check if both options are "ON"

(please check on "low battery level" the percentage, this is what "triggers" the notification"

if not turn them ON and click on "Apply" - "ok"

• nadfyv

all set. but in low battery level - is it okay to set to 20% ? the default one is 10% which my laptop cant reached to that percentage. 

• IronFly

you can set the percentage that fit your usage, if you prefer 20%.

• nadfyv

okay! thanks for the help Man Happy

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Very Happy

This discussion has been closed.