No legacy option in F2 setting. Just UEFI. Acer Aspire E1-410

nasbbq
nasbbq Member Posts: 1 New User

I accidently erased the Linux OS in my Acer Aspire E1-410 laptop. Now i no any boot device can be detected. THe laptop cant even detect DVD boot and USB boot. I tried to change the UEFI to legacy but the option does not appear in F2. Only UEFI appears. I need to Install my windows 8.

Answers

• Dheegenji
    Dheegenji Member Posts: 1 New User

change setting bios for acer e1-410 

block boot mode 

help 

• ary
    ary Member Posts: 1 New User

cara setting bios acer tipe E1-410 di boot (UEFI) ????

• istanacomputer
    istanacomputer Member Posts: 2 New User

I think there is NO OTHER WAY to change this UEFI to LEGACY MODE (Build-in Bios mode CANNOT change other than UEFI)

you must install via DVD Windows 8 who FULLY SUPPORT UEFI -> Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (ONLY in x64bit mode).

Step 1 

if you allready have OS in your Acer Aspire E1-410 Laptop complete shutdown/Power off your OS

and take out the Batterai. (<-for disabled System Resume)

Insert you Batterai again and Power On your Acer Aspire E1-410 Laptop.

Step 2

Continue PRESS F2 Before LOGO ACER Come

In InsydeH20 Setup Utility BIOS goto Main

Network Mode [Disabled]

F12 Boot Menu [Enabled]

D2D Recovery [Disabled]

Wake on LAN [Disabled]

SATA Mode [IDE Mode]

In InsydeH20 Setup Utility BIOS goto Security

Several area will be Grey (Can't be change if you not Set Supervisor Password)

Go in Set Supervisor Password [Enter] <- PRESS ENTER

Enter New Password [123] <- YOU MUST REMEMBER IT !!!

Confirm New Password [123]

Several area will be Blue and you can change now (leave this to default now <-you can change later)

Step 3

In InsydeH20 Setup Utility BIOS goto Boot

Boot Mode [UEFI]

Secure Boot [Enabled] 

You can change Boot order to first boot via F6 key to Intenal DVD

1. ATAPI CDROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUAON

2.  ...

In InsydeH20 Setup Utility BIOS goto Exit

PRESS Exit Saving Changes and BIOS System will restart

Step 4

Continue PRESS F12 Before LOGO ACER Come

insert Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (both must be x64bit) Installation DVD to

Internal DVD Acer Aspire E1-410 Laptop.

Now in Boot Option Menu will HAVE

1. ATAPI CDROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUAON

Press any key to Re-install your WIndows 8 / 8.1 

• jeheen
    jeheen Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello istanacomputer,

I see you said there is no Legacy option for bios, only UEFI. But my Aspire E1-410 shows both options in the boot menue. Mine laptop's mfg date is 9th March 2014. Did something change by this time?

Thanks for your guidelines. I hope you can help me too. I tried to follow your steps but couldnt get 'boot from ATAPAI DVD-rom' option in the boot menu 'while' in UEFI mode. but the funny thing is I can find the DVD-rom boot option when in Legacy mode. I also tried the USB FDD option. Both FDD and DVD boot fails to show in UEFI mode but works in Legacy.

But the actual problem is, when I come to the first/welcome page of Windows boot option, I just cant select any of the options. It sounds absurd but niether my keyboard OR my mouse works (they are both fine, I am using both right now). I cant choose the windows version/language or anything shown on that page. There is no mouse pointer and no direction key or tab key works. I cant even press 'enter' key.

Plz help. My windos has been corrupted or something and its working at a pitiable speed. I cant even open a new folder without waiting for a few seconds. Chrome/Firefox doesnt open pages, not even email accs. Movies get stuck while playing. Plz Plz help. 

• istanacomputer
    istanacomputer Member Posts: 2 New User

jeheen wrote:
    I see you said there is no Legacy option for bios, only UEFI. But my Aspire E1-410 shows both options in the boot menue. Mine laptop's mfg date is 9th March 2014. Did something change by this time?

I thing Acer made 'mistake' in previous E1-410 (not have both UEFI and Legacy IDE) and the solve it right away so if you buy Acer E1-410 'other' than Asia Pasific Region you now can have both boot system !

I tried to follow your steps but couldnt get 'boot from ATAPAI DVD-rom' option in the boot menu 'while' in UEFI mode. but the funny thing is I can find the DVD-rom boot option when in Legacy mode. I also tried the USB FDD option. Both FDD and DVD boot fails to show in UEFI mode but works in Legacy.

I think now Acer made thiers Computer base in Windows 8.1 (x64) boot system that mean EFI/UEFI system

EFI/UEFI uses GPT is not NTFS Partition

So IF you don't have any these partition in your system you THEY CAN'T RECOGNIZE THAT

In CD/DVD it sees in:

- EFI Boot Windows 8/8.1 Pro/Enterprise ORIGINAL DISK (untouch RAW)

- ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 2013 or LATER

- ISOLINUX BOOT

But the actual problem is, when I come to the first/welcome page of Windows boot option, I just cant select any of the options. It sounds absurd but niether my keyboard OR my mouse works (they are both fine, I am using both right now). I cant choose the windows version/language or anything shown on that page. There is no mouse pointer and no direction key or tab key works. I cant even press 'enter' key.

If you have both boot system (the best you use EUFI BOOT) follow my previous post and clean install Win8.1

Why ?? because Acer DO NOT HAVE compatible DRIVER other than Windows 8.1 trust me.

Glad if I can help

Sorry my lack English.

This discussion has been closed.