No bootable device found

Options
Kifa
Kifa Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer laptop: v3-551G-X419

Hello,

Having issues with the bios. Turned it off from the power button one night and now there are no bootable devices found. On start up turns on fine, then a screen indicating there are no bootable devices found and prompting me to press "ok". Which is then followed by the boot manager screen with a boot option menu that give me no options to boot into. Now I have gone into the bios and restored them to default and messed around with boot orders. After playing around with the battery in and out and pressing the power button to see if something could be reset. I thought that the motherboard was not reading the hdd, but on the main page of the bios i see the model number of the hdd. Maybe a fluke i thought so i grabbed another one of my hdds and the bios picked it up but still was'nt able to boot into it. My next course of action was to see if i could boot into a flash drive or an external cd drive, Showed up in bios but did not boot and did not show up on the boot menu. I decided to go in and pulled the cmos battery in the system and reset it the old fashioned way and still nothing. I cannot get a cd to boot and flash the bios or a flash, I'm in quite the predicament here . Its not under warranty. 

http://imgur.com/MnWVY0p

http://imgur.com/x0R53R6
[edited to comply with guidelines]

Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

• VBTech
    VBTech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

New systems built for Windows 8 use UEFI BIOS instead of the old Legacy BIOS. Your other HDD probably wasnt setup to boot UEFI any version of Windows before Windows 8 Doesn't support UEFI. You need to change your bios settings to Legacy BIOS to boot a usb or cd and based on the rest of what you told me your HDD is probably damaged. So i suggest testing it either with a HDD surface scanning tool or if you know what kind of HDD it is the manufacturer testing tool ex. (Western Digital Safe Guard) or boot a windows installation disk and go to repair from command prompt type chkdsk /r %driveletter%:.

-Bennett

Answers

• VBTech
    VBTech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

New systems built for Windows 8 use UEFI BIOS instead of the old Legacy BIOS. Your other HDD probably wasnt setup to boot UEFI any version of Windows before Windows 8 Doesn't support UEFI. You need to change your bios settings to Legacy BIOS to boot a usb or cd and based on the rest of what you told me your HDD is probably damaged. So i suggest testing it either with a HDD surface scanning tool or if you know what kind of HDD it is the manufacturer testing tool ex. (Western Digital Safe Guard) or boot a windows installation disk and go to repair from command prompt type chkdsk /r %driveletter%:.

-Bennett

• Kifa
    Kifa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you so much i havent worked with windows 8 much, but i found a windows 8 cd and im gonna reset it. Again very much appreciated. And I learned alot from this. 

This discussion has been closed.