No Sound for Acer E5-521

Options
PaulBur
PaulBur Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I an transferring data from a Windows 7 laptop to my new E5-521 with 8.1, though I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem.  I get no sound when checking Comcast News or from the YouTube entries on Facebook. However SKYPE seems to work OK. Any suggestions?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

In this case, it is recommended to check if you are using the same device as default device for Skype and other applications like Comcast news or YouTube entries. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    2. Enter Sound in the search box, and tap or click "Settings", and then tap or click "Sound".
    3. Tap or click the Playback tab and look for multiple audio devices; these will appear as speaker icons and will be labeled Speakers, followed by the name of the device.
    4. If you have multiple devices, the default device has a check beside it and is labeled as "Default Device".
    5. If the wrong audio device is listed as the default audio device, tap or click the correct device, tap or click "Set Default", and then tap or click "OK". Follow on-screen instructions.

Now check if the issue is resolved.

• PaulBur
    PaulBur Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yesterday the computer just quit on me, so I returned it for a rebate.