Need some tech savvy people to help me with my problem. Bluetooth/wifi issues V3-771G.

DrkBluePenguin
DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

V3-771G-9809

Added a 320GB to the second bay

I'm at the pont where Acer suport can no longer help me with my problem. Not because it is out of warrenty but because they tried everything thier copy and paste answers can provide. I'm having a weird conflict when I'm using both bluetooth and the wifi at the same time. 

Here's the history of the problem. Out of the box new mid Feb 2013 I had spuratic wifi issues where i'm "conneccted" to my wifi connection but no connection to the internet. Only my laptop had this issue with 3 computers on the network. They sugustedI update my drivers and it solved the problem. I then introduced bluetooth headphones. -_- Any type of bluetooth connection made the wifi/bt card crash. The wifi panel wouldn't show anymore, lost internet connection though still "connected," and would BSOD when I tried to restart. Contacted Acer and I sent it in. They reinstalled the os. o_o I contacted them again because issues were still pressent. They sent me a box and I mailed it back and they replaced the wifi/bt card and the keyboard for an unrelated issue. Now the current issue is every 10 seconds, only when using bt, the wifi drops for a second. Contacted Acer... they basicaly left me with this :

Bluetooth devices will reduce Wireless LAN transfer rate

Why am I experiencing reduced Wireless LAN transfer rates?

If you are experiencing reduced Wireless LAN transfer rates, please turn off all Bluetooth devices connected to your computer. This will improve your streaming and downloading experience

Pfft... my old HP handled it just fine... I think i'm just going to buy a second BT adapter,usb, so that card can just handle the wifi 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Answers

• scolburn
    scolburn Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Dear DBP,

Alas, the impracticality of the easy solution:-; ("Just turn off the computer and the issue will disappear, but Hey, I can't see the screen when the power's off!").  In my case, the proffered solution is even worse, since my computer operates with an included BT keyboard and mouse, which, stylishly, match the display, and provide the user input.  Don't think I want to mess with the BIOS or drivers, since alas, it tends to create more problems than it solves, as you discovered.  We'll see what the Elder Acer Statesmen have to offer, by way of a solutionie.  Good things (sometimes) come to those who wait, and I have a 60-day return option to Best Buy.  There's a reason that I bought the best-quality, most trouble-free dual-band N router, and that's so I would have a reliable connection.  Oh well.  Good chatting with ya, and best of luck with the work-around.

This discussion has been closed.