Need battery for Aspire 7736Z

pedenter1
pedenter1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Could someone please let me know where I can purchase a new battery for the above computer.  The Acer website in my country doesn't sell one.  Thank you so much in advance.  Pat

Best Answer

• pedenter1
    Answer ✓

Leho,

Thanks for the response - and I would have done that already except I can't find the original battery sku number, etc.  I already have a replacement battery that is different than the original in manufacturer - so all I really know is that it's a 6 cell, 4400mAh, 48 wts... I guess I can try with the computer model and those specifications; just thought someone might know of a good site to purchase batteries - ...

Oh, one question I have.  In my manual for the Aspire it indicates that unless I need to use the computer with battery power that I should just use the power cord - I've always been told that a battery should be in place, however, I use the laptop plugged into the power cord almost all the time - should be removing the battery??  Seems odd to leave that big hole in the bottom of the computer, seems odd.

Thanks so much Leho - appreciate the response, Pat

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Pat

Do an internet search to find an equivalent battery.

Leho

• pedenter1
    Answer ✓

Leho,

Thanks for the response - and I would have done that already except I can't find the original battery sku number, etc.  I already have a replacement battery that is different than the original in manufacturer - so all I really know is that it's a 6 cell, 4400mAh, 48 wts... I guess I can try with the computer model and those specifications; just thought someone might know of a good site to purchase batteries - ...

Oh, one question I have.  In my manual for the Aspire it indicates that unless I need to use the computer with battery power that I should just use the power cord - I've always been told that a battery should be in place, however, I use the laptop plugged into the power cord almost all the time - should be removing the battery??  Seems odd to leave that big hole in the bottom of the computer, seems odd.

Thanks so much Leho - appreciate the response, Pat

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Pat

For more than anyone will ever want to know about batteries, try batteryuniversity.com .  My perusal suggests that Acer is correct and continual charging is not conducive to long battery life, but you be the judge.

Leho

• pedenter1

Received my new battery - but still feel weird about leaving it out of the computer when plugged into direct power.  Oh well.  Guess I should get used to it.

This discussion has been closed.