NEED HELP WITH MY ACER E1-570 RUNS VERY SLOW

Options
sweetie0208
sweetie0208 Member Posts: 3 New User

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE E1-570 LAPTOP ITS RUNNING VERY SLOW I HAVE A LOT OF FILES THAT I DON,T WISH TO LOSE I THOUGHT ABOUT RE-SETTING BACK TO FACTORY SETTING WOULD THAT HELP TO SPEED UP MY LAPTOP AND WOULD I LOSE EVERY THING I HAVE PUT ON IT E.G FILES 

THANKS 

Best Answer

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

In my opinion, your first course of action should be to preserve your files. Use whatever you have - perhaps USB memory stick or network to NAS etc. If your data is valuable to you, take as long as it takes to get it backed up.

I have never had need to use restore but I believe you will lose your data if you use it. I may be wrong but you shouldn't assume it will be safe. At this point, I would only use it as a last resort.

Try:

Check your HDD. Is it full or nearly full? If so, that could well be the cause of your problem and you will need to recover some space.

Reboot and check your event logs - problems may well appear there.

Update and run your anti-virus program and check results. Ensure, as far as you can, that you are virus free.

Check your device manager for devices having problems that may impact operation.

Answers

• Ahazuarus
    Ahazuarus Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

If you have 4gb of ram and an antivirus program running, that is your problem.  Also it looks like your caps lock key is stuck.

• sweetie0208
    Options
    Thanks my caps key is ok it's just running slow when I turn my laptop on I have to wait some 10 mins before I can use it as it take so long to load up can anyone help or advice me how to make it run faster then it is thanks
  • Ahazuarus
    Ahazuarus Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

what antivirus program do you have running?

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

In my opinion, your first course of action should be to preserve your files. Use whatever you have - perhaps USB memory stick or network to NAS etc. If your data is valuable to you, take as long as it takes to get it backed up.

I have never had need to use restore but I believe you will lose your data if you use it. I may be wrong but you shouldn't assume it will be safe. At this point, I would only use it as a last resort.

Try:

Check your HDD. Is it full or nearly full? If so, that could well be the cause of your problem and you will need to recover some space.

Reboot and check your event logs - problems may well appear there.

Update and run your anti-virus program and check results. Ensure, as far as you can, that you are virus free.

Check your device manager for devices having problems that may impact operation.

• sweetie0208
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I will try that . And I wish to thank everyone else who as advice me what to do it's been really helpful thanks to everyone for the support