My volume wheel on Aspire 5942g is not working properly.

mooh_Da_Cow
mooh_Da_Cow Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had this problem for a long time, and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. When I want to turn the sound up or down, it just turns the volume up. I have tried to install drivers and of course the Launch Manager, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone have an answer?

Best Answer

• mooh_Da_Cow
    Answer ✓

I fixed it! I think it was a bit loose? The wheel and the little board where it registers the movement´s connection was loose, so I put a little piece of plastic between it to tighten it up, and i fixed it! It now turns up and down the volume correct!

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Well it sounds like it could be a hardware issue then. If the unit is in warranty would give Acer a call and let the phone techs see what they could do for you.

• mooh_Da_Cow
    Answer ✓

I fixed it! I think it was a bit loose? The wheel and the little board where it registers the movement´s connection was loose, so I put a little piece of plastic between it to tighten it up, and i fixed it! It now turns up and down the volume correct!

• Doi07
    Doi07 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, i have the same problem, could you explane how exactly did you fit it. Did you take the note a part?

This discussion has been closed.