M5-581T Windows 8.1 sleep/power off issues

actualize
actualize Member Posts: 12 New User

I've had the M5-581T for 1yr and has worked fine.  Now I have followed the directions for the suggested 8.1 upgrade.

Now I've been noticing intermittant events where I close the lip and the system goes to sleep. But when I choose to open the lid and wake back up the system actually turns on from a fresh boot thus losing anything I had open when the lid was closed to sleep.   This seems to happen most when the unit is not plugged in but not all the time.

Also the unit will sometimes wake back up but not have any WIFI access and state that the WIFI is turned off w/o the option to turn it back on.  This is only fixed by closing all and restarting.

What BIOS/Drivers need to be installed to fix this or is there a Battery issue?

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Not sure what drivers exactly you would need, but I would start with the WIFI and video driver. You can get drivers from the Acer support site. Problem may just be with 8.1. You could go back to Win 8, or wait and see if a future Windows update fixes it, if drivers don't work.

• actualize

Is this a bad battery or a bios/driver problem or possessed by my old Dell laptop?

WiFi - Qualcomm Atheros driver 3.0.1.155
    Bios version - Acer V2.09, 1/17/2013
    OS - Microsoft Win 8.1 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Please Help.

• actualize

Can anyone help me please???