Keyboard seems as though it is not functioning well

acooperator
acooperator Member Posts: 34 New User

Hi,

My Laptop Brand is Acer
Product name is Esxtensa 5220.
My Windows system is 7 Ultimate(64Bit)

I haven't installed any Keyboard/mouse driver software when I installed Windows 7 because when I have looked at the official Acer website, I didn't find any Keyboard or mouse drivers listed for Windows 7(64Bit). Thus, Windows 7 was installed them automcatically just when it was installed. I didn't install any keyboard and mouse dirver software at all.

I really see that my keyboard is not functioning well while typing on it. Sometimes I see that the another letter is typed although I have not typed it.  Also, sometimes the mouse pointer skips to another location in the text box(for such text box for this forum)  while typing which results in inserting letters in another place other than what I want them to be inserted.
I don't know what is this, but let me say.
While typing 't', then I see sometimes that another letter is typed instead instead. Also, sometimes while typing in text box a text, I find that mouse pointer skips to be placed in the middle or beginning of the text, so letters are written in anohter place other than what I want them to be.

Thus, is there any driver or program associated for Keyboard should be installed?

This is device manager shows that keyboard and mouse  driver installed, Windows 7 was installed them automcatically just when it was installed. I didn't install any keyboard and mouse dirver software at all.

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

• acooperator
    Answer ✓

Thanks a lot.

I really have tried installing Snyaptic TougchPad Driver, which is specific for anthter HP Pavilon laptop of mine, then I am satisied with the result I have found so far, but the mouse was only updated. Also, I don't know whether this is OK or there some problems might be happening in the future with driver not designed for Acer laptop.

After installing Snyaptic TougchPad Driver coming with HP.PNG

However, the keyboard is still with the lunch manager driver.

PS: I think there is some bad thing going on with uploading image via this forum, thus I think the admins should find a sloution.

I really don't see your screen shot post lately.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

You could try uninstalling the Acer Launch Manager from Device Manager, and re-install after downloading from Acer support site.

• acooperator

Thanks a lot,

I really have downloaded the Acer Launch Manager software, but that did nothing with enahncing keyboard or mouse at all.

It's just quick access for some tasks.

Also, I don't know whether this Acer Lunch Manager shown in the device manager is realted to installing Acer Launch Manager software or not, but it seems not be realated because what is in the device manager is driver or Acer Launch Manager software is just software assocatied with some quickly accessing tasks

التقاط.PNG

• brummyfan2

Try installing Alps Touchpad driver from here and see ahether it fixes for you: http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• acooperator

Thanks a lot, Could you please understand me? I really have tried looking for all driver software at official Acer website just when I have decided to install a windows 7(64Bit). However, I did neither find any driver software associated with keyboard nor I found driver software for mouse. This is why I am asking you.

التقاط.PNG

التقاط1.PNG

• brummyfan2

For Keyboards, generic drivers from microsoft are used, for mouse, most of the times the touchpad drivers from Synaptics, Alps and Elatech are used, if you are asking about USB mouse drivers, you need to look in the manufacturers sites, for example Logitec....etc.

• acooperator

Thanks a lot,

You mean with generic drivers from microsoft are used' with Windows will define the driver suitable,

for mouse, most of the times the touchpad drivers from Synaptics, Alps and Elatech are used,

Yes, how can I get one of these  touchpad drivers from Synaptics, Alps and Elatech to be installed on my laptop Acer?

• brummyfan2

Your laptop came with Alps Touchpad and you can download the driver from the Acer support link previously posted above.

• acooperator

You mean I should download while looking for Windows vista driver, because when looking for Windows 7, no Alps Touchpad  the driver listed from the Acer support link previously posted above.

• brummyfan2

Sorry, I made a mistake your model for similar Aspire one, you can try the Synaptics driver (Windows Vista 64 bit).

Capture105.JPG

• acooperator
    Answer ✓

Thanks a lot.

I really have tried installing Snyaptic TougchPad Driver, which is specific for anthter HP Pavilon laptop of mine, then I am satisied with the result I have found so far, but the mouse was only updated. Also, I don't know whether this is OK or there some problems might be happening in the future with driver not designed for Acer laptop.

After installing Snyaptic TougchPad Driver coming with HP.PNG

However, the keyboard is still with the lunch manager driver.

PS: I think there is some bad thing going on with uploading image via this forum, thus I think the admins should find a sloution.

I really don't see your screen shot post lately.

This discussion has been closed.