Is the AC adapter supposed to be this hot...

Options
nadfyv
nadfyv Member Posts: 42 New User

I got Acer Aspire E1 470 laptop! is it normal that your ac adaptor gone hot ? its hot when the first touch but as you hold it its got normal warmth u feel! Im just worried my other classmate laptop dont get their ac adaptor hot that much!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the charger seems to be working OK, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do eventually need a new charger, they are less than $20 for your model. I'd be more concerned about the battery itself or maybe an intermittent short in its cable or MB connections that is causing the charger to temporarily overheat. However, if everything seems to be working OK, I wouldn't try to fix it at this point

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the charger seems to be working OK, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do eventually need a new charger, they are less than $20 for your model. I'd be more concerned about the battery itself or maybe an intermittent short in its cable or MB connections that is causing the charger to temporarily overheat. However, if everything seems to be working OK, I wouldn't try to fix it at this point

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• nadfyv
    nadfyv Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

everything works fine its just that sometimes it gone hot for a normal usage! Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on my ac adapter Smiley Happy