Internet problems aspire M5-583p

Monmon10
Monmon10 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I've had the aspire M5-583P since Janurary and had no issues until the past several days. Internet will disconnect multiple times, and as of lately no web pages will load at all. I constantly get webpage is not available on chrome and if the pages do it load it takes a while to go to any site. I've tried IE it won't even load the pages. I have no problem using the WIFI on other laptops. I updated the drivers for the wifi to try and help the problem but it didn't work.

Help please and thank you! 

Answers

• Auberon
    Auberon Member Posts: 6 New User

I'm having the exact same problem as well.
    I'm using the Aspire V3 772-G with Windows 8.1 installed.

BUMP

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may also check if the system is updated with latest version of BIOS update V2.25, if not you may download it here  Download BIOS V2.25
    Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + X, select Run, and then type msinfo32 and hit the Enter key.
    In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.
  • ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi your issue looks like corrupted wifi driver issue. Lets try to Unistall it and re-install it.

To Uninstall
    Press the Windows Logo key + X, and select device manager
    Under Network Adapters select your wifi adapter
    Right click on your wifi adapter and select Uninstall
    In the Confirmation Page select the check box near (delete the driver software for this device) And click on OK
    Now your Wifi drivers are removed.

Now Right click on Network adapters and select scan for hardware changes.

And now install your Latest Wifi drivers and check if your wifi is working or not

• Monmon10
    Monmon10 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the possible solutions but neither worked. 

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Did you try to turn off your antivirus and windows firewall??

If not please try it and post back your result
  • Auberon
    Auberon Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello

I've posted a few posts back that I had the exact same problem.

Re-installing the drivers using Windows did not work for me. But what did work for me was downloading and installing the latest drivers provided by Acer (clicky).

Try installing everything you can (it doesn't hurt to keep your drivers updated) but especially the Wireless ones.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.