Internet Problems

asifahmad
asifahmad Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi.

I'm using acer v3771 notebook, I had a problem while connecting to internet via ethernet sometimes a problem occur of limited connectivity, Due to this problem i am not able to use internet for hours...

this is not a second hand notebook.. I bought it in december

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

This usually happens when your computer is assigned an invalid IP address. The hardware is working because it is connected to the router but is not able to connect to the internet.

This can usually be solved by resetting your router by performing a power reset. Some other steps would be to update your network adapters driver by visiting our support website. Also another quick resource to try would be to use the built in Windows troubleshooter.

Some additional troubleshooting and material can be found at Microsoft's Why can't I connect to a network? page. The first part of their article goes into how to find and use the built in troubleshooting programs and this is where I would start.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

This usually happens when your computer is assigned an invalid IP address. The hardware is working because it is connected to the router but is not able to connect to the internet.

This can usually be solved by resetting your router by performing a power reset. Some other steps would be to update your network adapters driver by visiting our support website. Also another quick resource to try would be to use the built in Windows troubleshooter.

Some additional troubleshooting and material can be found at Microsoft's Why can't I connect to a network? page. The first part of their article goes into how to find and use the built in troubleshooting programs and this is where I would start.

This discussion has been closed.