How to update my Aspire 5553g - 5855

Itchymallard823
Itchymallard823 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello community,

I would like to update everything on my computer but it seems to be impossible to find updates for it. I have an HP computer which has "HP Support Assistant" which finds all of the updates automatically (including drivers, etc..) - does Acer have a program like HP does?

This Aspire 5553g - 5855 is running Windows 7 64bit.

OH, also, I don't have the functionality of using the scroll bar (from the touchpad on the right side). I suppose I just don't have the correct driver. Would someone be able to point out the right one to me?

Need any other information? Just ask Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This is the link for Acer Updater program, I've tried it myself, and it works!

Enter your details as requested, and click on the Applications Tab, then click "Download"

Answers

• finlux

Hi Itchymallard823!

Acer do have a program for updates - it's called Acer Updater, and can be found by going to  Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer Updater.

This program runs automatically, and will advise on any new updates for your particular model.

You can manually check for driver updates (like your touch pad) by going to Acer Support for your region, clicking on "Drivers & Manuals", and entering your laptop model.

• Itchymallard823
    Itchymallard823 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the reply...

I don't have anything under my Acer folder as the "fail squad" - what people call the "Geek Squad" from Bestbuy obviously didn't load all of that stuff back on after reloading Windows 7 onto my computer last year.

ALSO, the link http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm that I would need I suppose is pan america? I live in Canada...

REGARDLESS, the link is broken for the pan america one (Hilarious) I get this - 

Oops! Google Chrome could not find gd.panam.acer.com

Try reloading: gd.­panam.­acer.­com/­home/­

I also tried with IE:

This page can’t be displayed
    • Make sure the web address http://gd.panam.acer.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

-----------------------------------------

Please someone get this resolved...

Fail regards,

Andrew.

• finlux
    Answer ✓

This is the link for Acer Updater program, I've tried it myself, and it works!

Enter your details as requested, and click on the Applications Tab, then click "Download"

This discussion has been closed.