How do I take a picture with my webcam?

WoodWelder
WoodWelder Member Posts: 3 New User

I'd like to take picture of myself with my webcam and save it in my pictures.....I can't figure out how to do it without downloading a program.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• orlbuckeye
    orlbuckeye Member Posts: 9 New User
    Answer ✓

You need the camera software.  Which is on the Acer site under your model or on the application and driver disk if ytou made your recovery disks. The software will allow you to switch between still pics and video also.

Answers

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 84 Troubleshooter

Hi are you able to provide the machine model that you have?

• WoodWelder

Hi,

It is an Aspire V3-771 with an HD-webcam.....This is the first webcam I've owned so, it has me stumped how to use it.

Thanks!

• orlbuckeye
    orlbuckeye Member Posts: 9 New User
    Answer ✓

You need the camera software.  Which is on the Acer site under your model or on the application and driver disk if ytou made your recovery disks. The software will allow you to switch between still pics and video also.

• WoodWelder

Good to go.....Thanks!

• drewcella
    drewcella Member Posts: 1 New User

i hired iotak to fix my laptop thay have charged my 365 plus still dont work

• rodc
    rodc Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi I went to use my webcam tonight, I need the zoom funtion, but when i went into options they are all greyed out. I can adjust colour,hue etc, but not anything under Camera Control ?

I have gone to drivers page and installed HWVENDOR it gave me the following information:

Category- Camera Vendor-Suyin

So I downloaded and installed Suyn driver. But nothing has changed.

Im also in Admin mode.

Thanks for any help forthcoming

If anyone can tell me where I can read about updatng drivers on my Aspire I would appreciate this too. I think I have an Acer software that is supposed to update regularly anyway, but I noticed there was this blue heading "This page shows only drivers that are not contained in this operating system." So I dont really know what any of this means and would like to find out more.

Thanks again 

Rod Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.