How do I change a CMOS battery on an Aspire One AOA 110?

jmbarry
jmbarry Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been losing date and time recently.  I update files, then take them home on a USB flash drive and they appear to be older than what's at home.  Turns out my date and time are maintaining.  I have to reset date and time when I boot up now.  Pretty sure I need to swap out the CMOS battery (maybe a CR2032?)  Any info/screenshots on how to find it once the case is opened?  

Best Answer

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Looking at the Aspire One docs (but not necessarily your model), it appears that you will need to remove the motherboard to gain access.
    As far as I can tell, the battery is free floating and encased in heat shrink sleeving. It has two wires, black and red and connects by a small plug.
    Unless you can find a source for a replacement, you may have to remove the sleeving to find the battery number and make up a suitable replacement.

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Looking at the Aspire One docs (but not necessarily your model), it appears that you will need to remove the motherboard to gain access.
    As far as I can tell, the battery is free floating and encased in heat shrink sleeving. It has two wires, black and red and connects by a small plug.
    Unless you can find a source for a replacement, you may have to remove the sleeving to find the battery number and make up a suitable replacement.