How can i see when Numlock is on for the Aspire V3-771G

RonnyL
RonnyL Member Posts: 4 New User

I've numbers in my password and each time I start Windows 8, I have to hit the numlock to use the Num Keypad. But I don not see a status led if this NumLock is on.....

Otherwise how can I force (in BIOS) to activate the Numlock key?

Thanks

Ronny

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

did you get the unit with OEM Windows 8 or retail?

• RonnyL

Yes Windows 8 is installed.

• Eastwood300
    Eastwood300 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same problem and am gettting very frustrated.

• don101
    don101 Member Posts: 1 New User

You will be happy to learn that Acer does not make a Win 8 computer with a numlock or caps lock indicator.  Nor can you enter setup and tell the system to always boot with numlock on.  My V5 571P is going back to walmart tonight.

• RonnyL

Dear,

Since ACER can't give me a solution, I've found one in the Windows Registry.

You can read it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154529

It works fine for me . Numlock is ALWAYS on.

Suc6

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I looked up RonnyL's suggestion. It apparently does not apply to Windows 8 according to the warning from MS.

Leho

• eapeterman
    eapeterman Member Posts: 1 New User

On a Windows 8/8.1 computer there is no light that goes off and on when you press numlock or caps, etc. But, if you go into settings on the charms menu -- then change PC settings -- then Ease of Access -- then Keybaord, you are able to set a tone for when these buttons are on or off.

Hope this helps!!

• larSilva
    larSilva Member Posts: 2 New User

I was really trying to like this little V5, but I think the NUM lock, Cap lock is a real deal breaker. The tech support is USELESS and I use both keys in my work, so I need to knw if they are activated or not. If anyone has come up with a solution beyond making the buttons beep when typed, I'd love to know!

[edited to comply with guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.