Hi there i own an acer aspire one and i have a problem with my wireless connection.

george2
george2 Member Posts: 6 New User

hi there i own an acer aspire one and i have problems with my wireless connection.it's connected but i cant use internet.any thoughts?thanks

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Look on the "front" panel, below the lip of the keyboard, similar to where a latch would be on a typical notebook. There's a slider there that's not a latch, but it's a switch that toggles the wireless on and off. Slide it over until the light above it (with the antenna logo) goes on, indicating wireless is enabled, and slide it again to turn it off.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Look on the "front" panel, below the lip of the keyboard, similar to where a latch would be on a typical notebook. There's a slider there that's not a latch, but it's a switch that toggles the wireless on and off. Slide it over until the light above it (with the antenna logo) goes on, indicating wireless is enabled, and slide it again to turn it off.

• george2

i did this and it goes into airplane  mode.

• philetus

Try resetting your router. Shut down the laptop, unplug the router and modem for a minute,plug them back in and restart laptop.

• george2

i just did this too the same problem it is connected but if i open a web page sais cannot be displayed....i tried reinstalling the wireless driver updating it and nothing....dont know what to do....

• philetus

Does your wireless icon (5 bars) in the system tray show anything on top of it. Wireless has been known to lose the password and you have to reenter it. 

• george2

the bar is full 5 lines wich is signal full.i have no eror.but in the control panel at network and internet section  network sharing center dosent show me the link between my laptop the wireless connection and the internet.i thoughtis cause of the windows firewall, blocking my network some how but i didnt find anything wrong....any other opinions.thanks

• philetus

This seems to have worked for quite a few users.

1) Open Control Panel.
    2) Open "System".
    3) Open "Hardware".
    4) Open "Device Manager"
    5) Open "+ Networks Adapters".
    6) Right Click on "Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter".
    7) Click "uninstall".
    8) Reboot your system, and the computer will reinstall the device as a new hardware found.

• george2

did that too same problem.i have qualcom atheros ar5bwb222. So its still not working.....

• philetus

Go here:

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=74&system=6

Download, unzip, and install the third driver down,win7-10.0.0.285-whql.

My V5  has the ar5bwb222 and this was the only driver that worked. I'v downloaded from here several times and had no problems.

You  will have to re-enter your password after you install.

• george2

well the problem is that i installed thoes drivers from that site....and still dosent works and i have a windows 8.1 not windows 7....I looked over the internet and many forums about this problem but nothing concludent...u are the only one who answered to me and i thank u for loosing ur time with me....so i tried all what u told me and still nothing.problem is that if i run a trouble shooter from windows it says that everything is correct.

• philetus

I had the same problem with the ar5bwb222. Some of the drivers I found would say it was working correctly, but you couldn't connect until I found that one.

If you haven't already, try this one https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=74&system=8

But before you install go to device manager and uninstall the driver and click the box to delete driver files,reboot and check if it has no driver. If it still does do it again. then install new driver.

Also uninstall any wifi drivers listed in Add and Remove Programs.