Hi pls help my :D fan problem big time

Options
geoland09
geoland09 Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi I want to buy an better cooling system for my acer 5750g cpu intel i5 and nvidia gpu, what type of cooler  can i buy for better cooling , do i can change just the fan or the cooling system to ?

Pls help i need a better coling performance the driver you give for max fan speed  has damaged my fan big time , and I use it just when i play but now is not cooling propretly even on full speed and his making a very bad noise , and my laptop stays on hig temp every time and he begins to crash "block" , sow i don't want to fry the laptop , and i don't want to buy the same fan because it's not cooling well adn you know it , sow pls help ..Sry for my bad english

Thx

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>the driver you give for max fan speed  has damaged my fan big time>>>

Is this for Win7? Where did you get this driver?

Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• geoland09
    Options
  • geoland09
    Options

and it works on win7 and 8 to

• JackE
    Options

I can only suggest trying to identify the make and model number of the installed fan and see if you can match it and/or its specifications on Amazon or Acer. Your existing fan is probably defective. Fans are inexpensive. If it were my system, I would first try to replace the fan with the same type of fan.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• geoland09
    Options

From the begining  acer 5750g had a problem with the high temp , and low cooling performance , sow to replace him with the same it's no point because i need to use the max fan speed driver again and the new one won't last , sow a better cooling system is some big time improvement , but i need some help from the acer developers here because i think that , different series of acer laptops have the same colling but better made  or with a better fan or better cooling system , the copper cooling system could be better made and the copper pice that goes on the GPU can be made to go direct on the  GPU but it's going over the cpu and if the cpu is getting hot there is no cooling for the GPU because the copper pice that gouse for the cooling of the GPU it already hot and the temp is so  high .

Sow that cooling system from 5750g has that high temp because o that Smiley Very Happy , and i need something else or it's the same thing .

Sow acer what do you think , do I have a good idea here or ? Smiley Happy)))

Sry for my bad english

• JackE
    Options

Yes, I think you have a good idea here. Since Acer probably uses many different vendors for cpu fans and heatsinks, you might try to find better cooling options from distributors and dealers who not only offer systems but also their components/parts like at this link http://www.newegg.com/Fans-PC-Cooling/Category/ID-11 Perhaps you could join their community or contact Newegg directly for better fan/heatsink suggestions for your 5750g.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• geoland09
    Options

Thx Smiley Very Happy

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

Having a 5742 and not being much different, I too had sort of high temps, but

I did update the core from a I5-460 to a 15-560 which produces a lil more go.

Looking at the way the chips, heat sinks, and the fan are setup, leaves a lot

to be desired, but room is an issue as is placement of components. In my case

I used a good quality thermal paste for heat transfer, At first it was Arctic 5,

then I tried Gelid Extreme, and finally I'm using Shin-Etsu X23-7783D and

like it a lot. Shin Etsu G751 is also a fine paste and both can be found on

ebay. As far as the relation of the sink covering both the core and then having

to help cool the GPU chip, the problem seems that it doesn't fit as snugly

down on the GPU chip face as it does the core chip face, so I used a copper

shim in between the heatsink to GPU core face. That really seemed to help.

There are different thickness's of copper shims and one has to get as close as one

might be able to get a shim that will work. Of course Shin Etsu was used on both

sides of the shim for heat transfer. There are a couple different designs of the heat

sinks and one has to determine which one they have.

Sadly the fans are the weak spot and trying to find one that is of higher quality than

that of the one that comes with unit is an on going and frustrating trek. I keep looking

for fans from other MFG's and other laptops that might be better...and am still looking.

Of course keeping the radiator and vents free of any dust, etc, is critical. One MUST

have decent airflow going in and coming out. There is a fan out there called "The Big

Windmill" for the 5750. I don't know if it's more powerful of what, but images of it

are on Google.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/wholesale-new-laptop-cooling-fan-for-acer/158975083.html

I myself am going to take a couple of fans and modify the housings

to get more air incoming by enlarging the inlets. Maybe it'll work, maybe not.

Using the methods above, if not using the fan controller app, my core temps run around

57c on core 1 and 61c to 66c on core 2. With the app engaged, the temps drop down to the

low mid 40's to low mid 50's. I only run it for maybe 5 to 10 mins, then turn the app

off. Another thing I found is that getting the laptop base sitting higher helped as well

and I bought some after market rubber strips that made just for this called Laptop Lifts

that mount on the base and raise the unit up a bit higher. I used 1 of the smaller ones,

cut it in half and mounted them on the rear edge close to the oem feet or pad mounts.

This is how I'm keeping my 5742 cool or as cool as I can until I find a fan with a bit more

power or is better built. I can't say my mods will help anyone else, but I've done this with

a couple of other laptops and have had decent results.

Hope this helps.

• JackE
    Options

Excellent tips, Bob!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• geoland09
    Options

I'm gonna try this fan that you recomand and se if it makes any difference, and i'm going to change the copper of the mainboard but for that I need to find some copper parts, and I'm gonna post it :d i have an extra cooler

Something like this http://cooler-laptop.compari.ro/microsoft/z3c-00002-p49157228/

but it's almost no use because the fan from the laptop is waisted, but i'm gonna make some tests on my laptop and see if something is going to improve :d . Thx again for the site and tips :d

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

I don't know if this "big windmill" fan will offer any more cooling than a stock

fan. I just want to clarify that I came across it, but haven't used it or even

seen one. One can get the copper shims from ebay. There are some that

come in various amount of thickness and as mentioned, one has to test fit and

come up with a shim that will sit on the GPU chip for proper heat transfer

while NOT disturbing the surface interface with heat sink to core chip.

I took some modeling clay, placed it of the GPU chip and then tighten

the heat sink down on the motherboard like it would sit normally. A

drop of 3in1 oil was placed on the area of the heatsink to GPU chip

so the clay wouldn't stick to the sink. After this, I removed the sink

carefully, and managed to get a model of the thickness that would be

needed for the GPU chip. Them I matched a shim to this clay model.

It was very thin. This was how I was able to get a shim in place for

the GPU chip while not changing the relation of the core chip to

heatsink. Packets of shims in 15mm x 15mm in different thickness's

are avail for around $10.00 or so on ebay.

• geoland09
    Options

the extra cooler was for sow to say .. for the extern temp because you can't change the temp from the laptop with anything like than or it will change   2-5 C max . I'm on a roud sow to speak .. of testing cooling systems for acer ;Smiley Tongue

because they are to lazySmiley Very Happy im gonna post in a few weeks.. and thx for the tips

This discussion has been closed.