HDD Aspire V3-571G

Options
Prieme401
Prieme401 Member Posts: 13 New User

A few months back, i bought an acer aspire v3-571G but now, i want to replace the hard drive with an SSD. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Prieme401

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Yes, but you might have problems with your operating system. Laptops are a lot more finickey than desktops. If you insist on going ahead, I would advise you to let a reputable computer shop do it.

• Prieme401
    Options

Yesterday, I replace my HDD with the Samsung 840 evo SSD and my laptop is incredibily fast now. But I have one question, before I did this, I made a backup from my recoverypartition on an external harddrive. Can I copy this backup back to my SSD in the laptop? When i click recover right now, it sais it doesn't have that factory standard on the laptop..

• skarrambo
    skarrambo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, this is the only topic I've found that is closely related to what I wanted to find out.

I want to replace the 500GB 5400 RPM HDD in my Acer Aspire V3-571G with the WD Black^2 120 GB SSD+ 1 TB HDD. However, this drive is a 9mm drive, and I believe that most SSDs are 7mm. So, my question is, would the 9mm drive fit in the drive bay? Thanks

NB. This is the drive I want to purchase http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black2-Dual-2-5-inch-Drive-Internal/dp/B00GSJ9X4Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406938366&sr=8-1&keywords=wd1001x06xdtl

• Prieme401
    Options

Hi

I replaced my HDD with an SSD and i don't know what the thickness is of the SSD but i remember it's thinner than my HDD that was originally in my Acer. So if you buy an SSD that is as thin as your HDD it will be fine, i don't know what the exact thickness is but if the size is 2,5", i guess it will fit because that size is particulary for laptops.

This discussion has been closed.