Forgotten password

manisnana
manisnana Member Posts: 5 New User

not sure if I'm in the right area or not...My niece has an Aspire One, I brought it for her Xmas 2012...she put a password on it and she doesn't remember it! I've upgraded her to the Aspire V5 and wanted to give this one to my 5 year old grandson...when I start the system up I get "Harddisk Security SATA Port 0 WDC WD3200 B PVT-22JJ5Lock"...this is what I've tried so far...I've taken the battery pack off and attached the charger, when the system is booting up I start tapping the "F2" key what comes up is "put in your password" SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER the password! and why she would create a password for BIOS I have no idea (but she was 11 when I gave it to her)...I want to reset back to factory settings but I can't get passed either of these screens...I've also tried Alt F10, Ctrl Alt & F10. Went on Google and one suggestion was to remove the cmos battery for an hour and than put it back in (didn't ty this though) ANY suggestions would be appreciated...

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you have 2 methods to try but can't be discussed on this community board, since passwords are security things.

Check your PM.

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.