Fn+F3 combination on AcerAspireOneD270 doesn't work

Options
cipbalan
cipbalan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello!

The Fn+F3 combination on my AcerAspireOneD270 doesn't work. I have wireless internet but the Wi-Fi led is red and I can't turn it on and off. Also the combination Fn+left/right arrow which makes the screen dimmer or brighter doesn't work either. One more thing: does this model have a bluetooth device? I should mention that the OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Thank you!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

For your function keys issue: 

See this Acer topic: Keyboard shortcuts not working and My hot keys are not working, how can I fix this?

For BT:

I need the exact model.

France
  • cipbalan
    Options

I think this is the exact model: Acer Aspire One D270 - 26Ckk

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Your Aspire One D270-26Ckk (NU.SGAEH.006) haven't a BT board.

If you are interested, I can give you the part numbers of these ones (it's not expensive).

France
  • cipbalan
    Options

Hello, again!

I'm sorry but I don't understand. What's a part number?

In another train of thoughts, I've downloaded and installed the Launch Manager application (the one you advised me to) but the Wi-Fi shortcut (the Fn+F3 combination which is supposed to turn it on and off) still doesn't work. Neither does the Fn+left/right arrow which should make the screen dimmer or brighter. All the new Launch Manager does is to show me on screen when I mute the volume or turn it down or up (some kind of OSD for volume which I didn't have before). I'm not complaining but I don't understand anymore: shouldn't those shortcuts work, since they are printed on the keyboard. And is the Wi-Fi led supposed to be red even when I have wireless internet?

Thank you kindly for your time!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1-Could you give me again the correct model?

The Aspire One D270-Ckk works normally under Linpus so I don't understand.

2- The part numbers are for the bluetooth boards.

France