Error Code 0xF 0000014

willemm
willemm Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi

I went to back up my system with Empowering Technology, the programme responded with message: Failed. Error Code 0xf 0000014. There is enough room on the disk so it must be some other kind of error.

It has worked OK previously, so is there a simple fix for this or do I need to download the complete Empowering Technology software to replace what's there?

What version do I need for XP.2?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You can try reinstalling the framework, but other than that, I don't have any ideas. There are lots of other third party programs that do backups and system images. Have you looked at any of these?

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You can try reinstalling the framework, but other than that, I don't have any ideas. There are lots of other third party programs that do backups and system images. Have you looked at any of these?

• willemm
    willemm Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi Clyde

Thanks for response. I reinstalled Acer's latest software which provided the screen for backing up but that too gave the same error code. I looked at freeware system imaging software but their reviews were mixed and I tend to prefer the devil I know so gave the matter another rethink.

It dawned on me that the problem could be with my HD so I gave it a check disk to include repair where necessary. Some file structures were found with missing links, and once rebooted the Acer backup process was obtained.

Another lesson learned.

This discussion has been closed.