Driver BCM43142A0

Håkan001
Håkan001 Member Posts: 3 New User

wireless network and bluetoth drivers from Acer download is not working for  Aspire E3-111 with win7 64. Why?

Best Answer

• Håkan001
    Answer ✓

I found a driver that works . Smiley Happy

And I found it here on Acer Downloads.

Serch on "TravelMate P256-MG"  and both drivers on Wlan and bluetoth is working with my Broadcom card.

Setup in WLAN diretory starts WiFi.

setup in main directory starts Bluetoth.

Why on earth havent Acer put this in downloadsection for E3-111?

Have a nice day everyone

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check if wireless and bluetooth services are started on windows services.

press windows key logo + r

type services.msc

check the 2 services above, if they are stopped, start them and set as automatic start.

reboot

if still no luck, open the device manager, right click on the devices with error code 43 and choose uninstall, reboot and check if windows reinstall devices and drivers at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Håkan001

Hi and thanks for trying to help me. First of all I dident give all information, because I wasent chour if I could get any help here.Smiley Happy

So if you want to give it a try i will be very happy.

History:

I actually checked on Acer downlload section if there was drivers for Win7x64 before I bay this computer(they only sold it with win8,1 here)

Ok there was so i went to the store and bought it, I also bought an SSD -disk(500g) and replaced it.

putin win 7x64 proffesional, updated it from microsoft  and installed the drivers I still was missing from Acers download section.

But the drivers to what I think is a combined Wlan and bluetoth card dident work out.

It say that the card is not present.

But of course it is according to device maneger.

After little serching I pressume it is a Broadcom Wifi and blutothcard card (BCM43142A0)

I tried to install drivers to win8,1 and that started the blutoth but not the Wlan.(wrong system error)

i checked what you writed and it dident help.(yes they were on atomatic start) and no it dident help to uninstall them in device maneger)

the drivers for win7 here in Acer upload center for E3-111 for Wlan and Bluetoth say it is ATHEROS card but i am pretty shore it is BROADCOM card in my computer and in the section for win8,1 I can see tha there is drivers also for Broadcom

So drivers for Broadcom card to win7x64 missing.

Now i´m trying to download different drivers from other manufactors with BMC43142A0 cards inside and hope one will work.

If you have any other suggestingI will be very happy.

Have a nice day meanwhile.

• IronFly
  • Håkan001
    Answer ✓

I found a driver that works . Smiley Happy

And I found it here on Acer Downloads.

Serch on "TravelMate P256-MG"  and both drivers on Wlan and bluetoth is working with my Broadcom card.

Setup in WLAN diretory starts WiFi.

setup in main directory starts Bluetoth.

Why on earth havent Acer put this in downloadsection for E3-111?

Have a nice day everyone

• IronFly

oh ok, good. Smiley Happy

• carlolegaspi06
    carlolegaspi06 Member Posts: 1 New User

bro can i have a   Driver for BCM43142A0 because my bloototh ang WIFI is not working but i allredy installed a drivers like pci controller broadcom drivers

• IronFly

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5477?b=1

click drivers, choose windows 7 and download the drivers