Dolby Digital Plus lags or crashes on Aspire V7

Solun
Solun Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have a problem with the Dolby utility that came preinstalled on Acer Aspire V7 482PG. When I click it, it takes around 5-20 seconds for the interface to show up (5 when I am not doing anything, more during playing anything with sound (youtube video etc.). Sometimes it does not even open and the icon disappears until I log off the PC and logon again.

I am really frustrated by this. The utility is great and really helps in managing sound better but I wish I didn't spend so much time waiting for it to appear.

The laptop is only 3 months old.

Any ideas on how to help the utility react faster?

Thanks a lot!

PS.: there is enough HDD space, it is defragmented, there are no viruses or spyware (according to Defender and Malwarebytes), there are not too many programs running in the background.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Solun,

I would recommend checking the support site to make sure you have the lates drivers for your computer and operating system. If you have started with Windows 8 and updated to Windows 8.1 that may also be the culprit in why the software is crashing. Please let me know if you updated your drivers and if that does not fixt the problem, I would suggest backing up your data and restoring your computer to factory defaults to see it that helps.

• Solun
    Solun Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply!

I do have the latest drivers (even BIOS). But I don't won't to get through the restore thing. Is it possible to download Dolby Digital Plus somewhere? I couldn't find it. I think uninstalling it and then installing again might do the thing maybe?

This discussion has been closed.