Digusted

jeff552004
jeff552004 Member Posts: 1 New User
I had been supporter of Acer for many years and had used 6 Acers notebooks and destops all because your excellent after sales service. I had no problem with on the spot repair all these years but I have a nasty shock today when I bring my 3820TG to repair a minor problem. The problem is when I slightly move the screen while on Skype video conference, my image would disappear. I think it due to intermittent connection from the webcam to the mother board. I cannot understand why this fault can be repair on the spot and the technician ask me to leave the notebook for maximum 5 days! I had, through the years, encountered more serious problem like replacement of motherboard and repair had always been done on the spot. I cannot understand why Acer repair centre refuse "firmly" to repair on the spot this time. If the notebook is completely unserviceble, I can understand Acer wants the notebook to be dropped in but in my case it's merely replace the webcam. How much time would it cost to replce the webcam? 1 hour ~ 1.5 hours?

Best Answer

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

The warranty that accompanies your system does not stipulate that the computer will be repaired on the spot.  While we do allow the product to be dropped off as a courtesy, this does not grant you service before other customers who've sent their product for repair.

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

The warranty that accompanies your system does not stipulate that the computer will be repaired on the spot.  While we do allow the product to be dropped off as a courtesy, this does not grant you service before other customers who've sent their product for repair.

This discussion has been closed.