Can't install Windows 8 on Aspire V5-431

SuryaEternal
SuryaEternal Member Posts: 15 New User

I've Acer Aspire V5-431 with Intel Celeron 1007U @1.5Ghz with 4GB of RAM, but whenever I tried to install Windows 8, it's always came with Blue Screen of Dead and it's shows this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Best Answer

• SuryaEternal
    Answer ✓

Thanks, but I've found the problem, it's because the Wifi's driver. And now I can run Windows 8 without any problem.

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

This is almost always a memory issue. You can try to reseat (remove and reinsert) your ram or you can contact Acer and have them do it for you.

If you do decide to reseat your ram and it doesn't work feel free to post back and I'll see if I can help further.

• SuryaEternal
    Answer ✓

Thanks, but I've found the problem, it's because the Wifi's driver. And now I can run Windows 8 without any problem.

• ChampS
    ChampS Member Posts: 1 New User

how can you install wifi drivers when the windows installation has not finished?

I know there is a way to load the driver during the installation, but just signed drivers, the Acer drivers are not signed.

That's why I can not load my drivers and can not finish the installation.

If I try to finish my installation without the new wifi driver I'll get a blue screen...

I hate windows 8 so much