Can't disable edge swipe acer aspire v5-573g win 8.1

moonlander
moonlander Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

According to the solutions I found when I googled the problem, I should be able to disable edge swipe by simply updating the synaptics drivers and turning off "edge swipe" under synpatics settings. However, there is no such setting even with the latest drivers 17.xx 

According to a link given as a solution to the same problem, this page was given as a link, and its the same solution I saw on google.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/20992-touchpad-edge-swipes-enable-disable-windows-8-a.html 

However, I do not have the option to turn it off under settings. Any help appreciated, its an extremely annoying feature..

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

Try driver version 16.3.12.31, it's for Windows 8 but worth a shot, there seems to be few problems with Windows 8.1 drivers.

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• moonlander
    moonlander Member Posts: 10 New User

The driver worked fine, but still no options to disable edge swipe. Is this something specifically lacking in synaptics drivers for acer? Possibly try drivers for another brand? 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

Yes, you can try any similar motherboard laptop's version of driver, even some other brand of laptop's driver will work, I used HP's Synaptics driver in my Acer Aspire 5610z.

• cornetto
    cornetto Member Posts: 2 New User

Synaptics Touchpad-Treiber 17.0.6.17 is the problem! Fires always swipe edge right events. You can't stop it on windows 8.1 registry neither Synaptics driver settings. I've deinstalled the existing bad driver 17... and download an older one Synaptics driver with version number 16.3.15.1. After installed this driver version the problem ist gone away. No more stupid crasy incoming charm bar, if you swipe right edge of touchpad. But if you still want them, type WIN+C, continues to work.