Can i remove acer recovery management on a laptop with windows 8?

torontoalex
torontoalex Member Posts: 2 New User

I just purchased an Acer E511 laptop with windows 8 and am wondering if the acer recovery management program can be removed. I noticed that when I go into settings, change pc settings, I can recover using windows 8. Will this option be removed if I uninstall Acer Recovery Management? What's the difference between the two?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi...

The Acer recovery management program  is used to install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system. You will not be able to restore your computer to facrorybsettings using windows recovery.

If you wish to delete the Acer recovery management program, you may create a recovery media using Acer recovery management program before deleting it.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi...

The Acer recovery management program  is used to install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system. You will not be able to restore your computer to facrorybsettings using windows recovery.

If you wish to delete the Acer recovery management program, you may create a recovery media using Acer recovery management program before deleting it.

• torontoalex
    torontoalex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the prompt reply! Just to clarify, when you say "You will not be able to restore your computer to facrorybsettings using windows recovery" does that mean windows recovery will onlywork with the acer recovery management program installed?
  • yes,  recovery will work only if the ACer recovery management program is instaled.

This discussion has been closed.