Can a V5-571P broken screen be replaced with a non-touch screen?

Options
mmarquis
mmarquis Member Posts: 1 New User

My wife dropped her V5-571P (touchscreen) and developed a set of cracks in the glass. I can use an external display with some fiddling but I would like to fix it. Unfortunately the replacement cost for a touchscreen LCD is nearly $300!! The non-touch version is much cheaper at around $70.

I'm willing to accept no touch for the screen, but will the computer functiin OK without the digitizer hooked up?

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

dont think systme has digitizer only touch compoentn on screen

additional power requirements for screen with touch, yes? maybe work, maybe not

• Alan-London
    Options

There are a number of screens specified for the V5-571P.

The 'touch' element does not form part of the screen so your best course of action, assuming you will do the repair yourself, is to remove the damaged screen and find the part number which is on the back of the panel.

Armed with the number, I'm sure you will find many sources where a replacement can be found.

For example, one type fitted is B156XW04 V.5 (but may not be the one fitted to yours) which can be found on Amazon, eBay etc for around $52. (It does not include the 'touch' element.)

I would recommend that you only replace with the same model number to be sure it will work OK.

While I cannot guarantee that not having 'touch' present will not cause problems, I would be surprised if it did.

This discussion has been closed.