Brightness buttons, antivirus, and battery issues. in my ACER ASPIRE 5750-6845

conker_oscarito
conker_oscarito Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, I have an ACER ASPIRE 5750-6845. My brightness buttons are not working (the ones on sides of the volume buttons) then because my computer has the standard brightness, my battery is dying very fast. What can I do? And, I would like to know a good antivirus that you can suggest me please. I have windows 7, 64bit. My computer has 2 years with me, I've been notyfing that its getting slow, probably because I need a good antivirus or something. Please, anyhelp will be well receieved. Thanks.

Answers

• kani13r
    kani13r Member Posts: 1 New User

Myself kalpesh. I bought brand new laptop worth 950$. In less than 3 months I got screen problem and touch screen and brightness was not working. After watching reviews I was little spectacle to send it for repair..eventually I had to... Now, 1st) time they broke my LCD and they had to replace the LCD and look the irony the technicians didnt know my laptop is touchscreen and they fixed with ordinary screen.So I had to send it back for repair again... 2)nd time when I got the laptop ..my goodness THEY CHANGED MY MOTHEBOARD..(whoaa)...and some cable back to the screen...Now...look the tragedy...the screen is even in worst condition than what I had originally with the problem...(hahaha)...Yes I am laughing as I am really frustrated....as I can't get refund and I cant get replacement...total dissatisfaction...MOREOVER THEY BROKE MY CASE AND REPLACED ....

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi conker,

You should be able to adjust the brightness in Windows itself. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> Here you'll probably see a couple default plans, I would suspect that you're on "Balanced" -> Click "Change Plan Settings" for the power plan currently selected -> Here's where you can change the way the computer works on both battery and AC Power.

As far as an anti-virus software, I can't specifically recommend one, but there are plenty capable of helping you including, Norton, McAfee, AVG, ESET, etc...

Also, I wouldn't put to much blame on a sluggish system because of a lack of AV protection. That's a sterotype that these AV and registry cleaning software people want you to believe is true. Does the computer slow down a little? Sure but it has more to do with programs runnings, disk fragmentation, and file corruption. Sometimes reloading Windows is an easy solution that will make the computer feel much more responsive once all the programs you're not using are taking up resources.

Hope this help,
    Cory

• conker_oscarito
    Thanks, One more thing. How can I reactivate my touchpad and brightness keys on my laptop? Is there any way to do it? My brightness buttons are not active, I don't know why Smiley Sad, as well as my touchpad. How can I put them working again? Best, Oscar
  • Cory-Acer

Hi Oscar,

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't know why they've stopped.

Ultimately, you could attempt to restore the system, but that would erase everything and reload the operating system. This might be a dramatic step, but it's one you would eventually need to take to troubleshoot and figure why those keys aren't working the way you'd expect them to.

Cory

• conker_oscarito
    Look, I really would like to send my laptop to maintance, please tell me how to do it. I do not have warranty, but I can pay, I can back it up and then you guys can restore evetything and fix my pc as new. What's the first step? Thanks Cory Smiley Happy
  • Cory-Acer

Oscar,

I would recommend contacting your local Acer service team and discussing out of warranty repair options. Unfortunately, I can't be more direct that that because it is difference from region to region, but the support team will be the best place to start.

Thanks,
    Cory

• conker_oscarito
    Do you know if there is an acer store or somebody that can help me in south Texas? ThANK YOU
This discussion has been closed.