Audio would stutter or lag every time I move the mouse. I'm using Acer E14. Please help.

Options
LobeLobe
LobeLobe Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought my Acer E14 about 8 months ago. Everything works perfectly fine until last night. When I turn on my laptop and listening to some music, I noticed that whenever I move the mouse, the audio would lag. Please help! 

Answers

• Slick
    Slick Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

Well this is a bit coincidental or a really common issue. I have the same problem as you are with my Acer and it's only 2 months old. Everytime I move my mouse pointer while playing flash videos, the videos would lag a bit or have a stutter sound. Do you have a precision touchpad? If you do, then it might be a windows bug. Supposedly there's been issues with the precision touchpad built in for Windows 8.1, assuming you have that.

Earlier, I had a chat conversation with one of the support team about my issue and they mentioned it's something Microsoft needs to fix through a windows update later on. Which may be the case seeing how there's no touchpad driver for my Acer anywhere to be found online. Of course, you may have access to your driver since it's a different model from mines. One of the solutions I was given was to do a system restore to an earlier date and turn off automatic updates immediately afterwards, but it was only a temporarily fix for me. The issue just came back again.

• LobeLobe
    LobeLobe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey, thank you for responding. I appreciate that. Yes , I do have the precision touchpad on my laptop. I tried to fix the problem but, like you said, the issue keep coming back. This happen after my laptop automatically installed the latest update. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update. Quite frustrating because I can't do much with all the lag that occurs whenever I move the mouse. 

• Slick
    Options

Yeah, I've literally tried almost everything from clearing my browser's history, cookies, cache, reinstalling my browser, restarting my laptop, scanning for viruses and even doing a system restore on different dates, but none of that helped. I can't reinstall my driver either because it's nowhere to be found in the Acer Recovery Management.

Hopefully someone from Acer can give you an answer about this. I couldn't get any responses in my thread with this issue other than their chat service. Since it's a windows built in feature, maybe we have to contact Microsoft about it? Who knows.

• Secern
    Secern Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on my VN7-791. Started a couple of days ago. Whenever I use the touchpad or a plugged in mouse - audio and video stutters. The mouse lags a bit, and the touchpad is impossible to use.

Tried installing the latest acer touchpad driver, but that didn't help.

The problem is temporarily solved if I restart the computer, but it returns after about 20 minutes.

Only thing I can think of that might have caused it is that I installed the lastes Geforce drivers a few days ago. But it's just a wild guess.

• reynoldse
    reynoldse Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Yep I'm having exactly the same issue on Aspire V17 Nitro. Reassuring at least that its not just me.

• DS_SD
    DS_SD Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm having the same issue in Aspire V3-572G....lag in video, sound, touchpad and performance

• Slick
    Options

Assuming that this is likely a Windows Update issue, follow Acer-Justin's steps from this thread. I no longer had any problems with the touchpad once I did this.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-E5-771G-audio-staggers-after-windows-update/m-p/349662/highlight/true#M58159

Acer-Justin wrote:

I would recommend performing a system restore to before the update. Once you roll it back check the updates it's installing to see if something is for audio. It's most likely just an update issue and installing the updates over may resolve it.

• minimouse80
    minimouse80 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having very much the same issue with the added bonus of everything slowing down now. My antivirus stopped working and I had to update my IE since then everything lags. This is infuriating. I got work to do on this laptop and now I cannot. I have tried everything but system restore and from what I gather that does not seem to help either. So my question is: "Is that it? Are we stuck like this until the next update? Does anyone care? Acer? MS?" Somebody help!

• MartinF
    MartinF Member Posts: 51 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hey,

It's a known issue, see KB Article below:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35209/

For now, uninstall Intel Technology Access or end the process in Task Manager. It should solve your issue!

Thanks

/ace